If IIS has already been installed, please continue to the next section.
- Open the Server Manager.
- Right-click on Roles and choose Add Roles.
- If presented with the Before You Begin page, click Next.
- Select the Web Server (IIS) role, and click Next.
- On the next two page, click Next. No selections required.
- Confirm the installation by clicking Install.
- When done, click Close.
Generate the certificate
For specifics of how to configure certificate parameters for Meraki integration, please refer to our article on Certificate Requirements for TLS.
- In the Server Manager, navigate down to Roles > Web Server (IIS) > Internet Information Services and select the name of the server.
- Under IIS, double-click on Server Certificates.
- Under Actions, click Create Self-Signed Certificate.
- Enter a name for the certificate, then click OK.
- The new certificate should now appear under Server Certificates.
(Optional) Confirm the certificate exists
If the certificate appeared at the end of the last section, additional confirmation should not be required. However, if desired, perform these steps to ensure the certificate exists in the correct certificate store.
- Open a Run prompt and enter 'certmgr.msc'.
- Browse to Trusted Root Certificate Authorities > Certificates.
- Confirm that certificate created earlier is listed.